|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Ruthiegirl||Added: Nov 12, 2010 at 03:24 PM|
Cranberry sauce, free of refined sugar.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (or one 12 ounce bag.)
- stevia (optional)
- agave (optional)
- honey (optional)
- Combine cranberries and juice in a medium sized saucepan.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for half an hour or more. Cook less time for 'whole berry' sauce, longer for mushier sauce.
- If the sauce isn't sweet enough for your liking, add agave, honey, or stevia to taste.
- It's very important, if using agave, to add it at the end of cooking, not in the middle. Agave tends to lose its sweetness when cooked.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Stevia||-|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| A|
|Honey||1|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Agave Syrup||-|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Nov 13, 2010 at 00:12 AM By: Joe