$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 5

Supplements and Athletic Performance

Posted By: Myles
Date: July-03, 1998 at 03:39:55

I think we've all been duped into believing that athletes need special supplements to enhance
their athletic performance, recovery time, personal records, etc. I used to spend upwards
in of 300 dollars a month on just protein powder and vitamins. Forget all the other stuff
I used to shove down my gullet. I think I had the most expensive urine in North America!

Vitamins are man-made, artifical food derivatives that are made in some laboratroy. How can
we possibly replicate the exact nutrient count of an apple or carrot? It's impossible. There are
so many compounds in that apple besides vitamins. Things that haven't even begun to be
researched. So stop spending money on artificial chemicals that eventually throw the body out of whack.
If the body gets too much of one nutrient, it goes searching through the body to balance out the assault.
You can save your body and pocketbook a lot of wear and tear.

I've actually been getting bigger and stronger since I've been on the O diet. I get plently of vitamins from
the HUGE quantities of vegetables and fruit (all raw) I eat every day. Also, I stretch, get sunshine on my nude body
for 20-30 minutes a day. Drink about 4 litres of water and get 8 hours of sleep at night. Yes I'm sore after some workouts,
but I don't work a body part again until it completely recovers: If I'm pushing 720lbs. on the leg press, I sometimes can't even
walk the next day. My legs need time to rest and grow. So why would I want to work my legs out more than once a week?

I reserve my legal O grains and starchy vegetables (mostly Ezekial bread, yams, etc.) for my post work-out meals. That's when I consume
a VERY large quantity of food. The rest of the time it's protein, non-starchy vegetables, fruit and some vegetable oils. My recovery seems
to have improved with this system and I've lost almost 6% bodyfat while putting on 12 lbs. of muscle.

In summary, I'd say stick to your diet and do the other basics and you can use the extra money you save for an athletic
vacation to a destination of your choosing!

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved