The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8
Fasting and "Detox"
Posted By: Stephen
In Response To: Where do statements like this come from? (Sonia)
I assume the inernational fast guys think that fasting it the way to detox. If it is one thing I can't swallow is this notion that starving some how detoxifys the body. It is ROT, and it is DANGEROUS!! I have spent many hours healing people after these "healings".
Here are SOME (not all) reasons why fasting is wrong for detox:
1. It is unnatural. When you get hungary your body is telling you its time to eat. Thats natural.
2. No where in nature starving is actively practiced by choise.
3. For your body to detox, it needs fuel and nutrients.
4. After 3 days of not eating the kuphler cell number in the liver is reduced by 25% (Journal of Physiology. 1986). This is the main site for detoxing.
5. Many foods are responsible for the upregulation of detoxifying enzymes in the body (eg Broccoli), and when you starve, you dont get any.
6. Without proteins, phase II liver enzymes down regulate putting you into a pre cancerous state (Journal of Cancer. 1997)
7. Sheer common sence must prevale: Starving for health??
8. If the bowels are the main site for detox, why must we avoid fibre to detox??
P.S The courts in Australia now legally look at starving someone as being unethical and can attract charges. This is probably the one time I agree with the medical model on detoxifying.
Messages in This Thread
Sonia -- Wednesday, 27 January 1999, at 5:15 a.m.
Contact D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition customer service for support on where to begin.
A Daily Webzine Celebrating The Wonder Of Individuality & The Blood Type Diet®
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2015, Hoop-A-Joop, LLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved