Blood Type Diet Recipe
GREEN LEAFY PASTA
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: havingfun63||Added: Jun 01, 2008 at 09:09 AM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 pound jerusalem artichoke pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 leeks washed and sliced [omit for BT]
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 bunch spinach washed and rinsed
- 1 bunch swiss chard washed and trimmed
- sea salt
- romano cheese
How to make it:
- Bring large pot of water to a boil
- Cook the vegetables as you cook the pasta, drain, and dress with a little oil
- In a large skillet, heat oil over med. heat
- Add leeks, turning to coat with the oil, and cook them gently several minutes until they begin to soften and wilt
- Add the garlic and stir
- A few moments later, add the spinach and swiss chard, tossing to coat with oil and garlic
- The greens will begin to wilt
- Steam uncovered several more min. until greens are fully cooked
- Season to taste and grate on some romano
- Serves 4
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Leek|| 2 ,4 || B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jun 08, 2008 at 11:12 AM By: Rodney