Blood Type Diet Recipe
20-MINUTE MEAT LOAF
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Turkey Meat Loaf.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced [omit for type A-non & O]
- 2 roasted nori (dried seaweed leaves) torn into small pieces
- 3/4 pound ground white meat turkey
- 1 egg white
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (Type O)
- 1/2 cup Contadina tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with olive oil spray.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, and coat with olive oil spray.
- Add onion, carrots and mushrooms; sautee for five minutes. Mix vegetables with roasted nori, ground turkey and egg white.
- Add sea salt & pepper to taste.
- Divide ground turkey into two, place on baking tray, and shape into two loaves about 6' x 3.'
- Bake for 15 minutes. Makes two servings.
The following toppings can be prepared while the turkey meat loaf cooks.
- Basic tomato sauce (Type O) Mix ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat on medium high for 5 minutes, or microwave on high for one minute.
Vermont (type A)
Mix 3 tablespoons maple syrup and 3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard together.
- Each recipe makes two servings.
- Spoon the sauce over the top when the meat loaf is finished baking.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Maple Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 09:57 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 09:08 PM By: Rodney