A non |
B non |
O non |
Tempeh Kabobs "
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: havingfun63||Added: May 18, 2008 at 07:25 PM|
Serve over steamed rice. Serves 4
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1 package tempeh
- 6 ounces plum jam
- 2 ounces pineapple juice(from the pineapple)
- 3 Tablespoon tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
FOR THE SKEWERS
- 1 large onion, quartered and separated into layers, 2 layers per piece
- 2 Portobello mushrooms cut into 1x1 inch pieces
- 2 medium Zucchini, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 2 cups 1x1 inch pineapple chunks
How to make it:
- Steam tempeh 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine barbecue sauce ingredients and prepare vegetables.
- Slice tempeh into pieces same size as vegetables.
- Assemble the skewers, altering tempeh, vegs., and pineapple.
- (When skewering zucchini do so through the green rind)
- Brush with barbecue sauce and grill over medium heat until nicely browned.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 15, 2011 at 09:00 PM By: Joe