Blood Type Diet Recipe
TUNA STEAK MARINATED IN LEMON AND GARLIC
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: havingfun63||Added: May 18, 2008 at 05:14 PM|
Serve this tuna with basmati rice, using the cooked marinade as a light sauce over the rice.Serves 4
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1 lb. tuna steak
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 inch piece of lemon peel
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. tamari
How to make it:
- Place tuna in a glass or ceramic bowl
- Combine all ingredients and pour over fish
- Allow to marinate 2 hours, turning a couple of times
- Heat heavy skillet over med. heat
- Put tuna in skillet
- Add marinade and a Tbsp. or two of water and bring to a simmer
- Cover and steam 8 to 10 min.
- Add water 1 Tbsp. at a time if necessary
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: