A non |
B non |
O non |
Spicy 'B' bean soup"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Judi Voll||Added: May 09, 2008 at 08:55 PM|
Yummy bean soup with great spicy flavor!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 large can kidney beans *
- 2 cans navy beans*
- 1 can lima beans *
- 1 can great northern beans*
- turkey Italian sausage (hot or mild)
- 5 or 6 cloves garlic chopped or minced
- 1/2+ cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 red and/or green pepper chopped
- 1+ Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1-2+ tbs basil
- 1 teaspoon+ chili powder
- (1/2+ cup brown rice could be added also)
- * you may use dry beans- (follow instructions for soaking over night) this will increase cooking time.
How to make it:
- In large fry pan brown sausage (if using links slice the end open and squeeze the ground meat out), red and green pepper, garlic, spices, celery and carrot.
- Pour off any excess grease.
- In crock pot or stock pot, pour each can of beans including the juice.
- Add the browned ingredients and cover with water.
- (add rice if desired)
- Cook on medium low for a at least 2 hours.(I put everything together in the evening and put it in the fridge then put them on to cook in the morning and let them cook all day).
- If using dry beans cook till beans are tender.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jun 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM By: Joe