Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: havingfun63||Added: May 07, 2008 at 05:18 PM|
Serves 5 to 6.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 slices of spelt or Ezekiel bread
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of sea salt
- Olive oil for frying
How to make it:
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl and shred the bread over the meat
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until soft and golden.
- Add to bowl.
- Beat eggs until light and pour into bowl with turkey.
- Add chopped parsley and salt.
- With your hands mix ingredients gently but completely, using a very light touch.
- Do not condense the mixture; keep it fluffy.
- When ingredients are well mixed, shape them into 5 or 6 patties and cook in olive oil over medium heat until brown, about 5 min.
- Turn and continue to cook another 5 min.
- Cover pan, reduce heat, and let them steam just a little until juices run clear (this helps to keep them moist)
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Ezekiel Bread|| 3 || N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: