Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: havingfun63||Added: May 07, 2008 at 04:48 PM|
Serves 4 to 8
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic crushed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt
- water or chicken broth
How to make it:
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in heavy skillet over low heat.
- Add chicken and cook several minutes.
- When they begin to color, add remaining oil and garlic.
- Turn chicken in the oil, sprinkle with rosemary and salt.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup water or stock and let come to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.
- Cook chicken 35 to 45 minutes, checking frequently to make sure there's still liquid in the pan.
- Add liquid as needed in small amounts(1 to 2 Tablespoons).
- Chicken will fall away from the bone, transfer chicken to dinner plates and deglaze the pan with a few Tablespoons of water or wine, pouring pan liquid over chicken as sauce.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM By: