Blood Type Diet Recipe
SWEET POTATO COOKIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Erin Arndt||Added: May 01, 2008 at 11:46 AM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 & 1/4 cups rice flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces ghee
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup well-mashed or pureed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
How to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, sweet potato, and vanilla.
- Beat mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans.
- Drop batter by teaspoonful onto lightly buttered cookie sheets, leaving about 1 & 1/2 inches between them.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Nutmeg|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|
|Vanilla|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Aug 19, 2011 at 05:59 PM By: Joe