A non |
B non |
O non |
Pancake and Waffle mix
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: R Davis||Added: Apr 30, 2008 at 11:08 PM|
This recipe makes enough mix to last 3 or more times depending on the number of pancakes or waffles you make each time.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 5 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup rice bran
- 1 cup lecithin granules
How to make it:
- Note: A large flour sifter makes this easier. You can change the type of flour depending on your type and likes or dislikes.
- Measure and sift the first 6 ingredients. Then add the rice bran and lecithin and stir well.
- Store in container in refrigerator until ready for use.
- Use an egg or two with cooking oil and buttermilk for pancakes - one percent milk and oil for waffles - they are more crisp than with buttermilk.
- ORANGE PANCAKES
- For syrup: Grate about 1 Tablespoon orange rind into a small pan. Add 1 cup fresh orange juice, 1 Tablespoon corn [or compliant] starch and 1/4 cup sugar. Cook and stir constantly until thickened.
- For pancakes: Use above recipe, but add about 1 Tablespoon of orange rind, and substitute orange juice for most of the buttermilk - use a smaller amount of juice. Cook as usual. Butter and serve with orange syrup.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised May 06, 2011 at 00:08 AM By: ABJoe