Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deanna Clark||Added: Apr 25, 2008 at 05:27 PM|
Scrumptious southern style collard greens with a tasty twist!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1 bunch fresh collard greens
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
How to make it:
- Strip leaves from collards.
- After washing collard greens, pour 2 cups of water into a 1 quart saucepan.
- Add collard greens and bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn heat down to low, and simmer until tender. It is not necessary to cut up collards before cooking.
- When cooked down, cut the collard greens up with kitchen scissors in to bite size pieces.
- Season with olive oil, fresh lemon, and sugar to taste
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 08:34 PM By: Diana
- Revised Jan 09, 2009 at 04:24 PM By: Drea