Blood Type Diet Recipe
STEPHANIE'S MUHAMMARA SPREAD AND DIP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A delicious Middle Eastern dip or spread, high in omegas 3 and 6. Enjoy it as a veggie dip or on flat breads or crackers.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground, roasted (can substitute ground coriander seeds)
- 2 teaspoons concentrated pomegranate juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil (or less) to desired consistency
- 2-4 cloves garlic (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
How to make it:
- Roast red peppers either on a skillet or in a 400F degree oven until skin is easily removed. Cool & remove core, seeds and skin.
- Place garlic in food processor and process until finely ground, scraping sides as necessary.
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in food processor with the garlic.
- Process until a smooth paste develops.
- With processor running add olive oil until the desired consistency is achieved.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: