Blood Type Diet Recipe
CHOC-O-LATE SUGAR COOKIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Delicious O-friendly chocolate cookies-similar to 'Chocolate Snaps.' I like them better than store-bought cookies. The rye flour gives them a 'natural' and not-too-sweet taste!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1-1/2 squares of Baker's unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup medium rye flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- additional granulated sugar
How to make it:
- Microwave (or use a heavy saucepan on the stove) chocolate and butter in large bowl until butter melts (about 1 minute.)
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of sugar and mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in baking soda, salt and then flour until well mixed.
- Chill dough about 30 minutes until it is easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in additional granulated sugar. (I used natural raw sugar)
- Place each dough ball on non-stick cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- Makes about 2-dozen cookies.
- The recipe can be doubled, although I haven't tried it.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Vanilla|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 07, 2007 at 02:11 AM By: Lola