Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Rosey||Added: Mar 27, 2008 at 04:28 AM|
This will make a thick, dark colored, sweet and spicy ketchup which is not far in flavor from the commercial kind. This recipe only yielded about 4 generous Tablespoons, although it could be thickened instead of reducing for a larger quantity with a milder flavor. A and B secretors might try this using the No Tomato Tomato Sauce as the 'tomato' base, but I haven't explored this.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 14 oz can of tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- juice from half a lemon
- 1-2 Tablespoons molasses according to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (or only a pinch of ground cloves)
- a pinch or two of cayenne pepper (if not compliant, increase amount of ginger)
How to make it:
- Finely chop the onion.
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Press the mixture through a sieve to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Keep the tomato and onion to flavor stews/soups.
- Reduce the resulting liquid on a medium to high heat until thickened to the desired consistency.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning as it will thicken quickly.
Note:Fantastic with sweet potato fries or freshly baked soda bread!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 11:53 AM By: Lola