A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: accidental chef||Added: Mar 26, 2008 at 03:06 AM|
Potent mix of spices and lentils eaten with ghee/oil is an accompaniment to Dosa (Indian Pancakes)and Idli (Steamed Rice cakes)
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2T Raw rice
- 1/4 cup dried chiles
- 1t coriander seeds
- 2T Sesame seeds
- 1/4t mustard seeds
- 1/4t turmeric
- Dash of asofoetida
How to make it:
- Heat oil and fry individually all of the above except turmeric & salt and keep aside.
- Once cooled, in your coffee mill, powder the chillies finely.
- Empty into a clean container.
- Powder (not too finely) almonds, rice, sesame seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds.
- Add turmeric, asofoetida and salt and give it one more spin so that everything thing is mixed well.
- Empty into the container with chile powder.
- Mix well and adjust salt.
- Keeps for several months in the fridge in a clean airtight container. Use only dry spoon.
- Usually for 1 dose one would eat 1t gun powder mixed with ghee or any compliant oil. But seasoned folks are known to consume a small mountain of gun powder for 1 dosa!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Caye...|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jul 22, 2008 at 08:03 AM By: Father Tiresias