Blood Type Diet Recipe
ROOT VEGETABLE-BEAN STEW
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: accidental chef||Added: Mar 26, 2008 at 02:33 AM|
Great comfort food!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (8 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 cup Pre cooked Fava, black eyed pea, black bean & chick pea-(all of it)
- 1 cup string bean, turnip, parsnip-cubed small
- 1cup pumpkin, sweet potato-chunky dices
- 1 cup mustard greens, sliced finely
- 1 cup big Onion-chunky dices
- 1 teaspoon garlic-chopped finely
- 1/2 cup ginger-chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- sea salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
How to make it:
- Add all of the above except the beans, with enough water and cook till vegetables are half cooked, then add the beans.
- Once everything is cooked and you have a stew consistency remove from fire. When lukewarm, add lemon juice, sesame seeds & coriander leaves. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- The mustard greens tend to give a slight bitter taste immediately after cooking...but fades away later. The veggies shouldn't end up mushy...
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mustard Gree...|| 1 || N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 06, 2009 at 04:03 PM By: Rodney