A non |
B non |
O non |
Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: from Jennifer Wetherall blog||Added: Mar 19, 2008 at 09:34 AM|
Makes 6 servings
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces enoki, maitake, shiitake, straw, portabella and/or oyster mushrooms, cleaned and sliced – whatever works for your type
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 6 cups nonfat vegetarian broth
- 1/3 cup wild rice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- Sea salt, optional
How to make it:
- In large pot over medium high heat, sauté onion in oil until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, carrot, and celery.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add stock, rice, thyme, and sherry or wine, if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is very tender, about 1 hour.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Wine (Red)|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Mar 20, 2008 at 04:56 PM By: Rodney