Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: from Heather McGowan blog||Added: Mar 15, 2008 at 06:03 AM|
Play with this recipe. I love it hot & spicy. I don't measure the spices I just shake away. Feel free to add any extra vegetables. You may need more broth if you add extra vegetables.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (7 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type O (6 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (9 beneficials)
- Olive oil
- 1 lb beef, shredded or cut up small
- Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 - 4 ounces can chopped green chillies
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans (or BTD compliant substitute)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or Sauteed chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Parsley leaves
How to make it:
- Chop up leftover beef, roast works well.
- Heat oil in large saucepan, sautee chopped onions. (add red peppers, shredded carrots etc.)
- Stir in beef, chilies, spice blend and broth.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans, simmer 5 more minutes
- Garnish with mozzarella cheese & onions if desired
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Kidney Bean|| 2 || A|| N|| A|| A|| B|| N|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Mar 20, 2008 at 05:04 PM By: Rodney
- Revised By:
- Revised By: