Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: from Heather McGowan blog||Added: Mar 14, 2008 at 05:23 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 32 ounce container of plain yogurt
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach
- spoonful of mayonaise (optional)[mayonnaise recipes]
- Dash of sugar (optional)
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (+) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon (+) curry
- ½ teaspoon cumin
How to make it:
- In a colander put a white paper towel. Add the yogurt and allow to drain for 3-4 hours, in the refrigerator. (Remember to put a big enough bowl underneath to catch the juice. You may have up to 2 cups of juice.
- *If you leave it overnight it will have a thicker consistency, like a soft cheese. You can also add the spinach to the top to allow any extra juices to drain off.)
- Return to a bowl; add chopped spinach and the remaining ingredients. I shake in the spices (I don’t measure) so adjust the spices to suit your needs. Any spice will work, these are my favorites.
To color it up you could add chopped red peppers.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mayonnaise|| || A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Mar 20, 2008 at 05:08 PM By: Rodney