A non |
B non |
O non |
Bean Salad (2)"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: from Janet Berketa blog||Added: Mar 14, 2008 at 02:56 PM|
This salad keeps very well in the refrigerator for several days
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- white beans
- onion, chopped
- celery with leaves, thinly sliced
- fresh sweet pepper, chopped (optional)
- fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- olive oil
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt
How to make it:
- Cook white beans until tender (I avoid canned food as much as possible, fish being the only exception)
- Drain and cool (a fan helps them to cool quickly)
- Chop an onion finely and add
- Cut fresh celery (with leaves) into thin slices and add
- Chop a fresh sweet pepper of your choice into small pieces and add
- Chop fresh parsley leaves finely and add
- Add olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste, together with salt
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 06, 2009 at 03:54 PM By: Rodney