Blood Type Diet Recipe
CUCUMBER SALAD (TURKISH NAME: CACIK, PRONOUNCED JAJIK)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: from Janet Berketa blog||Added: Mar 14, 2008 at 02:35 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- sea salt
How to make it:
- Cut a cucumber into very tiny pieces (some people in Turkey grate the cucumber but I donít) and place these into a suitable size bowl.
- Chop finely or crush one medium-sized clove of garlic and add to the chopped cucumber
- Add salt to taste (be careful not to overdo here)
- Cover with several spoonfuls of fresh plain yogurt. If itís very thick, I add a tiny amount of water to thin it slightly. Stir.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cucumber|| 1 ,2 ,3 || N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| N|| A|| A|
|Garlic|| 1 ,2 || B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Yogurt|| 2 || N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| A|| A|
|Sea Salt|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 06, 2009 at 03:36 PM By: Rodney