A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: from Chanur blog||Added: Mar 07, 2008 at 02:10 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1/2 cup compliant mayonnaise [mayonnaise recipes]
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of dill weed (chopped fresh or dried - it doesnít matter).
- compliant mustard paste or powder [mustard recipes]
- sea salt
How to make it:
- Use the following 1:1 ratio to make the base: equal amounts of mayonnaise and sour cream.
- For each cup of base that you make add 1/2 teaspoon of dill weed (chopped fresh or dried - it doesnít matter).
- Next, add a bit of mustard paste or powder. Remember that the flavor will intensify as the dressing cures (ages) so donít use more than just a little bit the first time you try this unless you need to clean out your sinuses.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and mix it all very well.
Thatís it for a basic Ranch Dressing to get you started. If you like it plain that's fine, but if you want more flavor, you can do all sorts of variations. You might like to add some garlic or a bit of green onion to it. The only limit is your own tastebuds and the ingredients you have available to work with.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mayonnaise|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Aug 02, 2008 at 08:49 AM By: Rodney