A non |
B non |
O non |
Spicy Kale-Almond Pesto and White Bean Pasta
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: from Jim Garland blog||Added: Mar 05, 2008 at 08:18 AM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 bunch kale
- 4 ounces rice penne pasta (dry)
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons garlic (about 5 large cloves)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of two lemons, divided
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 19 ounce can white/cannelloni/great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
How to make it:
- Cut lower stems from kale.
- Steam kale over 2 quarts (64ounces) water for 5-7 minutes 'till tender.
- Transfer to a colander to drain. Do not discard water.
- Add pasta to water on stove and return to a boil, stirring. When pasta is al dente (sticks to the wall when tossed at it!)
- Meanwhile place almonds in a food processor (or good blender) and process until well chopped
- Add garlic, nutritional yeast, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and juice of one lemon.
- Carefully squeeze water from steamed kale and remove stems. Discard stems. Pat dry leaves with paper towel and chop roughly. Pat dry again, and add to food processor.
- Process until all ingredients are finely minced.
- While processing/mixing, add 2 Tablespoons olive oil until a nice thick pesto is formed.
- In a medium bowl, toss beans with juice of other lemon and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add paprika and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add kale-almond pesto and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds. If pesto seems too thick, thiner out with a 'little bit 'o' water.
- Add pasta and beans, and toss gently until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Apr 06, 2008 at 10:13 AM By: Rodney