Blood Type Diet Recipe
SWEET POTATO COBBLER
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A not-too-sweet dessert that could double as a side dish - great for Thanksgiving!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or maybe rice flour more spelt if 'O')
- 1-1/2 teaspoon corn-free baking powder
- 1/3 cup skim (or almond?) milk
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
How to make it:
- Spread potatoes in buttered or greased casserole dish - you may want to lightly sprinkle potatoes with cinnamon sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients well, then stir in milk, syrup, honey and vanilla.
- If batter is soupy, add a little more flour.
- Pour this over the potatoes.
- Then pour the melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake on 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the sides.
- I have substituted the potatoes with two cups frozen blueberries.
- There should be several fruits good this way.
- Makes 5-6 servings.
- Good served warm but not bad cold.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cinnamon|| 5 || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Aug 19, 2011 at 05:48 PM By: Joe