Blood Type Diet Recipe
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Paul Buckless blog 04/23/2004||Added: Feb 19, 2008 at 08:47 AM|
Never tried it, can’t guarantee it, your life is in your hands.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1 kg of mushrooms [compliant for your type]
- 5 cloves of garlic coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 5 cups of chicken stock or kombu stock (kombu is a dried seaweed often used for making a stock base)
- 3 Tablespoons of your favourite dark rich miso
- 200 gm tofu and a squeeze of lemon juice (or silken tofu)
How to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- When very hot toss in the garlic and bay leaves.
- Stir briefly and add all the mushrooms all chopped to about the same size.
- Stir over high heat for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are sweating.
- Add the teaspoon of salt, cover and simmer rapidly for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- The mushrooms should lose much liquid.
- Add the basil and stock and rapidly return to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, strain the soup and pound, puree or blend the solids with a little of the liquid and the miso.
- Mix back into the remaining liquid and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
- Add the black pepper (if you must).
- Puree the tofu and lemon juice with a little water if needed (not if you use silken tofu).
- Swirl 1 tablespoon into each bowl and serve with a crusty bread.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken|| 1 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Feb 29, 2008 at 03:17 PM By: Don