Blood Type Diet Recipe
100% RYE BREAD (2)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Paul Buckless blog 02/06/2004||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 03:37 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 4 cups Rye Flour [try to get medium or light flour]
- 4 Tablespoons Gluten
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 3 Tablespoons Extra light Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 3 teaspoon yeast
- 1-1/4 to 2 cups of water
How to make it:
- The amount of water required will vary depending on the type and grade of Rye flour you use or can get locally. You will have to experiment.
- We actually prepare the dough in our bread making machine on the normal dough setting, then remove and knead again adding more flour if required.
- Then follow normal bread making practice with shaping, raising etc. before baking.
- The above quantity makes a loaf in a bread tin 24cm [9.5”] x 11cm [4”] wide x 10cm [3.5”] deep.
- Pre-heat the oven to 210o C , turn down to 190o C and bake for 45 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Honey|| 4 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Sugar (Brown...|| || N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Feb 16, 2008 at 01:23 PM By: Rodney