Blood Type Diet Recipe
SARDINE SALAD WITH GRAPES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 08/03/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 09:27 AM|
As I think about it, were all 5 flavors represented? Sweet - the red grapes, Sour - the lemon, Pungent - the onion, Salty - the sea salt and the sardines, Bitter - the sesame seed (tahini). Someone once told me that if all 5 flavors were represented within a meal, then all major organs within the body have been nourished. (A Chinese philosophy, I suppose?) Obviously, I am no expert. But I can say one thing - That was one healthy lunch!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- one can of sardines in olive oil or water
- two ribs of celery
- handful of parsley
- lemon juice
- red onion
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- tahini (1 - 2 Tablespoons)
- sea salt
- red grapes
How to make it:
- Dice the celery, parsley and 1/4 red onion.
- Drain and mash the sardines.
- Add it all together along with salt, tahini and lemon juice. Mash very well and adjust flavors to taste. (I added a little extra salt and lemon juice.) The tahini has a slight bitter aftertaste - so mix well or use a little less.
- With some simple red grapes on the side, this was very satisfying.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Feb 16, 2008 at 01:32 PM By: Rodney