Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 06/22/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 07:53 AM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 3 or 4 Tablespoons pure brown sugar [or BTD compliant substitute]
- two eggs
- 3/4 cup of Blue Diamond Vanilla flavored gluten free nut milk [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 cup strawberries (or other berries of your choice)
How to make it:
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine all wet ingredients and add to dry.
- Pour into well greased hot waffle iron.
- Allow to cool briefly and then lift out of waffle iron when done.
- Next time, I will puree the strawberries as the 'mushiness' grossed my son out. As for myself and my two year old, we loved the texture and the taste.
- You could also add appropriate oil to this recipe.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Almond Milk||1 ,2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Feb 16, 2008 at 01:29 PM By: Rodney