Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 05/21/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 05:28 AM|
sweet and spicy
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- chicken broth [or BTD compliant substitute]
- brown rice
- sea salt
- mushrooms [compliant for your type]
- Italian seasonings by McCormick [check for avoids]
How to make it:
- I sauteed some onions and garlic together.
- Then I sprinkled some 'Italian seasonings' by McCormick onto the onion.
- Next, I poured in one cup of Chicken broth and I brought one cup of brown rice to a boil.
- I also poured in a large helping of leftover root soup (rutabagas, carrots, onion, garlic, etc.)
- I threw in some freshly sliced mushrooms
- 40 minutes later, I sprinkled a little more Italian seasoning in, just a little salt, and a can of sardines.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken|| 2 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: