Blood Type Diet Recipe
BUCKWHEAT CAROB CHERRY MUFFINS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 05/11/2005||Added: Feb 15, 2008 at 04:37 AM|
They look like chocolate muffins and are very fluffy!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 2 cups of dried cherries
- 1 cup of carob flavored rice milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons of gluten free baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- a dash of cinnamon
- a dash of allspice
- a dash of sea salt
- brown sugar - as much or as little as you prefer. [or BTD compliant substitute]
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 or 400 degrees. At 350, plan on 25 minutes, about 15 or 20 at 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients including dried cherries.
- Beat eggs and combine wet ingredients in a different bowl.
- Add wet to dry and fold batter until all the flour has been moistened.
- Bake using lined muffin tins.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: