Blood Type Diet Recipe
SPINACH AND SARDINE FRITTATA
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 04/07/2005||Added: Feb 14, 2008 at 06:10 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- olive oil
- diced onion
- minced garlic
- coarse sea salt
- mashed up sardines
- freshly washed spinach, torn into smaller pieces
- 5 eggs
How to make it:
- Saute onion and garlic in oil. (On my gas stove, that is a level three or medium heat.)
- Add sardines and stir.
- Add wet spinach leaves and saute until wilted.
- Add salt. Stir.
- Beat your eggs with a little bit of water (if we could eat cheese, I would have added it here) and pour into pan.
- Shake pan to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Allow eggs to set (about 2 minutes) and place pan into a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until eggs have puffed up nicely.
- Pull eggs out of the oven and allow to cool on stove top.
- Cut into pizza like wedges and top with a little fine salt.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Feb 16, 2008 at 01:09 PM By: Rodney