Blood Type Diet Recipe
APPLE RYE MUFFINS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 01/09/2005||Added: Feb 12, 2008 at 09:35 AM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1½ cups of dark pumpernickel rye flour
- 2 cups of unsweetened natural applesauce
- About ¼ cup melted ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4½ teaspoons of baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil (cold pressed)
How to make it:
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Shake the bowl to mix the salt and baking powder well.
- Combine all wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Combine wet to dry. Taste. Does it need more butter? More salt? More apple?
- Fill 12 muffin cups 2/3 full. (Use the liners!)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Feb 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM By: Rodney