Blood Type Diet Recipe
PUMPKIN RYE MUFFINS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deborah Hayes blog 01/09/2005||Added: Feb 12, 2008 at 09:25 AM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1-½ cups natural unsweetened applesauce
- ½ - 1 cup of sugar (honey could be substituted)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 cups of raisins
- ¾ cup of buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup of dark pumpernickel rye flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 4-½ teaspoons Rumford baking powder (it has corn)[baking powder recipes]
- ¼ cup canola oil
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill 24 muffin tins with liners.
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- To increase sweetness, puree in a blender so that raisin bits are spread throughout. (Optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gradually add wet to dry.
- Pour batter into muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Feb 15, 2008 at 12:40 AM By: Rodney