Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Delicious stew that is easy on fat and carbs and high in protein.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup spicy tomato-vegetable juice
- 1 pound skinless cod fillet, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 8 ounces. shelled and de-veined medium shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
How to make it:
- In 4 qt. saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add yellow pepper and onion, and cook 5-6 minutes until softened and lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes, vegetable juice, 1/2 cup water, and salt.
- Cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in cod and shrimp; cover and simmer 3-4 minutes or until cod and shrimp just turn opaque throughout, stirring once.
- Makes about 7 cups.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 23, 2008 at 11:27 AM By: Rodney