Blood Type Diet Recipe
BLACK BEAN SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Valerie Vanderford||Added: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:56 AM|
Delicious, filling and FAST soup for cool winter days!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 (15 ounces) cans black beans or 4 cups prepared black beans
- 1 (8.75 ounces) can whole kernal corn, or 1 1/2 c. frozen corn (can be omitted for type O, but changes the flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to make it:
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softended.
- Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add stock, 1 can of the beans, corn, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree the remaining beans. Add to pot. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- For some extra fun, this soup is delicious topped with salsa, sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.
- Watch those toppings, many are avoids for type A.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Corn (all)||3 ,4|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 10, 2008 at 01:43 PM By: Rodney