A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 12:57 AM|
Refreshing, clean and delicious. Suitable for GT Gatherers too.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1 liter tomato juice
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped basil (Holy Basil for GT Gatherers)
- 2 teaspoons of Umeboshi Plum seasoning or paste (add more if you like it)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped red chili (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- sea salt
basil leaves to garnish
How to make it:
- Mix the juices, basil, umeboshi and chilli together, season to taste, pour into a rigid, freezer proof container, cover and freeze for a couple of hours until mushy.
- Tip into a bowl and mash/whisk well.
- Freeze for another hour, remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture again.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff. Fold the egg whites into the tomato mixture.
- Freeze until firm, having covered and sealed the container.
- Sorbets are best transferred to the fridge about 30 minutes before serving to soften. Spoon into chilled dishes and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- You could add garlic, or swap the Umeboshi for two tablespoons of white wine and a dash of tabasco.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Gree...||1 ,2|| A|| N|| A|| A|| B|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 06, 2008 at 11:10 AM By: Rodney