Blood Type Diet Recipe
PEA AND CORIANDER (CILANTRO) SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 12:24 AM|
Very fresh tastes, the sweetness of the peas is a perfect foil to the Cilantro (Coriander Leaf) Those who can eat a small amount of dairy could add soft cheese or even cream to enrich the soup. Suited to GT Gatherers.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 ounce ghee or compliant oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped (adjust to your liking)
- 8 cups of compliant stock for your BT or GT
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (coriander Leaf)
- sea salt
creamy cheese 1 ounce (paneer, farmer, cottage, ricotta – for Gatherer GT)
How to make it:
- Melt the ghee or oil in a pan and gently fry the onions, garlic and chili for five minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the peas, stock and sea salt.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro (coriander leaf).
- Cool the soup then puree in a blender, season again to taste.
- Add the cheese, which should be beaten, mashed, or blended until creamy; if necessary add a little water to thin it.
- Top with cilantro leaf and serve.
- This can be chilled and served cold as a summer starter.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 06, 2008 at 10:55 AM By: Rodney