A non |
B non |
O non |
Courgette (Zucchini) Soup
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 05:13 AM|
Delicious, benefits from the addition of 2 tablespoons of dry sherry but itís not necessary ;-). Suitable for Gatherers too!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type B (6 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 ounce ghee or compliant Oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 750g/1 1/2lbs courgettes/zucchini, finely chopped (I grate them with the magimix, peel them if they are large as the skin can taste bitter)
- 1 Ĺ pints of compliant stock for your BT or GT
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme and parsley wrapped in cheesecloth)
- sea salt
1 ounce creamy cheese (cottage, farmer, paneer, ricotta) beaten and mixed with a little water to make the consistency of single cream.
How to make it:
- Melt the Ghee or oil in a pan and gently fry the onions for five minutes
- Add the courgettes/zucchini and cook gently for another ten minutes.
- Add the stock, seasonings and bouquet garni.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer until the vegetables are very tender (30 minutes).
- Remove the bouquet garni, cool the soup and then either sieve or blend until smooth. Reheat gently.
- Stir the beaten cheese into the soup (if using) and serve. Garnish with a little chopped parsley or thyme.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive Oil||1 ,2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 05, 2008 at 11:52 AM By: Rodney