Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: lakes-lady68||Added: Jan 05, 2008 at 04:23 AM|
A hearty, warming soup, suitable for Gatherers too!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 ounce Ghee or compliant Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 bulbs Fennel, finely chopped (save the greens to garnish the soup)
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme and parsley wrapped in cheesecloth)
- 1 1/2 pints of compliant stock
- sea salt and Pepper (optional)
- 3 egg yolks or 2 whole eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
How to make it:
- Melt the Ghee or oil in a pan and fry the onions for five minutes without browning.
- Add the fennel and fry for another two minutes
- Add the stock, seasonings and bouquet garni.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer until the vegetables are very tender (30 minute).
- Remove the bouquet garni, cool the soup and then either sieve or blend until smooth.
- Reheat gently.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and lemon juice, then whilst whisking add a few tablespoons of soup.
- The whisking stops the eggs from scrambling!
- Stir the egg mix back into the soup and serve, garnished with the chopped fennel greens.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: