Blood Type Diet Recipe
BAKED KASHA PUDDING
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Great comfort food for breakfast or dessert. Recipe can be doubled if you desire leftovers.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1 cup Uncooked Kasha
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded Fuji or delicious apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan, combine soy milk with 1 1/2 C. water. Cook over medium high heat until liquid is ALMOST boiling.
- Stir in kasha.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and shredded apple.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with walnuts.
- Bake until pudding is almost set, about 30 minutes Meanwhile, mix together sour cream and brown sugar. Spread mixture over top of hot pudding and return to bake in oven another 10 min. Serve warm.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: