Blood Type Diet Recipe
TURKEY POT PIE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Rodney||12/23/07|
working on this one so bear with me. :)
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter or ghee and or part olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- sea salt and herbs to taste
- 6 Tablespoons bleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Chicken Stock or canned chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or soy milk for BT
- 1 cup peeled and diced Idaho potatoes, cooked in boiling salted water until tender, 4 to 5 minutes
- 1 cup leftover sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots, cooked in boiling salted water until tender, 4 to 5 minutes
- 1 cup sweet young peas, fresh or frozen (defrost if frozen)
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey, white and dark meat
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 recipe Basic pie crust (see below)
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and celery, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes to make a blond roux.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the half-and-half and continue to cook for another 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and herbs.
- Stir in the potatoes, carrots, peas, turkey, and parsley, season with salt and herbs and mix well.
- Line the baking pan with one of the rolled-out pie crusts.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Place the second crust on top of the filling. Carefully tuck the overlapping crusts into the pan, forming a thick edge. Crimp the edges, cut vents in the top crust, and place on a baking sheet. Bake until the crust is golden brown and crusty, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing to serve.
- 2 cups spelt flour (white or whole)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup cold organic butter or ghee
- 1/3 cup cold organic shortening
- 5-7 Tablespoons ice cold water
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening and butter or ghee with pastry knife until pieces are size of small peas.
- Sprinkle in 1 tbsp water at a time. Gently mix. Repeat until all is moist and forms a ball.
- For 2 pie crusts, cut ball in half - one for each pie crust.
- On lightly floured surface, flatten ball with rolling pin and roll to desired thickness.
rice pie crust
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: