Blood Type Diet Recipe
FRENCH LENTIL & ONION SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Laurelai19||Added: Dec 13, 2007 at 08:14 PM|
A delicious filling soup with the goodness of lentils.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed & drained
- 5 cup vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
How to make it:
- Pour broth into large stockpot & add lentils, onion, celery, carrot and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil, lower heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes until lentils are tender.
- In last 5 minutes of cooking time, raise heat to medium and add red wine.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle with small amount of mozzarella cheese.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mozzarella C...|| || N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Dec 14, 2007 at 12:28 AM By: Rodney