Blood Type Diet Recipe
BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES, GLUTEN FREE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Melissa_J||Added: Dec 03, 2007 at 11:31 PM|
Gluten free, tasty and easy.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder, see compliant baking powder recipes
- 1-1/4 cup water (or less for thicker pancakes)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (or other compliant oil)
- 1 Tablespoon agave, honey, maple syrup or sugar
How to make it:
- Mix well.
- Let batter sit 2-4 minutes to thicken for pancakes.
- Pour straight away for waffles.
- Pour onto hot, greased griddle or into greased waffle iron.
- Cook until bubbles form on top, flip to brown evenly.
- Makes 8 - 10 pancakes (if you make them small) In my waffle iron, this makes 3-4 big waffles.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Dec 03, 2007 at 11:33 PM By: Melissa_J