Blood Type Diet Recipe
PORT LAMB SKEWERS WITH SWEET POTATO ROSTI
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: honeybee||Added: Nov 28, 2007 at 00:29 AM|
Marinated Port & Ginger Lamb skewers for a BBQ with little sweet potato cakes as a side.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (9 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (9 beneficials)
- Type O (5 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- wooden skewers - soak in water while prepping food
- 800 grams boned tender lamb cubed
- 200 ml port
- 2 or 3 Tablespoons grated ginger
- 4-6 garlic cloves crushed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato grated
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium egg gently beaten
- sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
How to make it:
- Marinate lamb cubes in port, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and oil.
- Keep 1-4 hours refrigerated.
- Thread onto wooden skewers.
- Grill or BBQ 2 minutes on each side.
- Combine all ingredients, except ghee.
- Heat pan with 1 Tablespoon ghee.
- Drop in spoon-fulls of mixture.
- Cook gently on medium heat.
- Flip and continue cooking further 3-5 minutes until golden.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Blac...|| 1 || A|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 28, 2007 at 01:03 AM By: Lola
- Revised Nov 29, 2007 at 05:03 PM By: Don