Blood Type Diet Recipe
LEMON SHORTBREAD BARS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Decadent tart lemon topping makes these shortbread bars a definite hit!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 1/3 cup spelt flour [or rice]
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- 1/2 cup butter (softened) Or ghee (doesn't work quite as well)
- 2/3 cup agave
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch (or other BTD thickener - tapioca starch work well)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
How to make it:
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream Agave and butter together, add flour and pour into a 9x9 baking pan.
- Spread mixture evenly with a spoon and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- While shortbread is baking, combine Agave, starch and water in a sauce pan on med/low heat until bubbly.
- Add egg yolks (beaten) and lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add butter stirring until mixed.
- Pour lemon topping over baked shortbread, cover and cool in the refrigerator for 20-30 min.
- Keep unused portion refrigerated.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Arrowroot|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 28, 2007 at 08:47 AM By: Rodney