Blood Type Diet Recipe
NICOISE SALAD FOR TYPE O
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Here's an adjusted Nicoise salad for Type O, sans the potatoes, olives and capers. It does have allowable Feta cheese which serves as a nice sharp taste that is a replacement for the nicoise olives
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (8 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (9 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Assorted greens (lettuce, dandelion, parsley, romaine)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 can tuna (or 1/2 can)
- sliced tomato
- small amount of blanched green beens or haricot vert
- 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- anchovies (only if you like them)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- firm tofu (optional replacement for potato)
- (dressing, and this is a typical Nicoise dressing)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- sea salt to taste
How to make it:
- You can toss all the salad Ingredients if you like, or lay them out neatly on the plate.
- Take the olive oil and whisk it with the lemon juice, crushed (through a garlic press) garlic and salt to taste.
- Taste the dressing, you may like more lemon, or less etc.
- You can also add shallots to the dressing, if you desire.
- Either drizzle the dressing over the salad if you lay it out, or toss with the rest of the Ingredients if you decide to have it that way.
- Crumble the feta over the top and sprinkle the extra parsley.
- If you really miss the potato, you can add chunks of firm tofu to the salad.
- This is a great Type O recipe.
- Bon appetit.
- P.S. You won't miss the olives or the potato.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Anchovy|| 1 || A|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 01, 2011 at 10:42 PM By: Joe