A non |
B non |
O non |
Pumpkin, Parsnip and Parsley immune-booster soup
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Rosey||Added: Nov 18, 2007 at 09:21 AM|
Inspired by Mike Staffieri's 'Who needs chicken soup....redux!' blog, here is a multi-beneficial, immune boosting, feel-better soup. These measurements give 4 good 'doses'.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (5 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 600g pumpkin (or squash for B secretors)
- 250g parsnips
- big bunch of fresh parsley
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I used herb salt)
- 1 liter filtered water, boiled
- 1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
How to make it:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add curry powder and salt.
- Peel and chop garlic, and add to the pan.
- Pour in water and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile peel and chop parsnips and add.
- Peel and chop pumpkin and add.
- Wash and chop parsley and add.
- Bring back to the boil, and simmer until the parsnips are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend until the soup is a creamy consistency.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Garlic||1 ,2|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Parsnip||3 ,4 ,5|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Curry|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Olive Oil||1 ,2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Parsley||2|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Sea Salt||2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Nov 18, 2007 at 10:22 AM By: Rodney