Blood Type Diet Recipe
BEEF & ROOT STEW
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Davida van Breevoort||Added: Nov 14, 2007 at 01:53 PM|
This Beef stew has lots of roots, which can be interchanged to your personal tast. The addition of pumpkin is my variation of a family recipe, which is optional. This will feed 4-6 people.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (7 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- Stew Beef (or any other stewing meat)
- 1 small Onion
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1-2 parsnips
- 1 Rutabaga
- 1 Turnip
- 1 can Pumpkin (optional, B sec. can use potato)
- 3 Bay leaves
- 10 whole Black pepper corns (B sec. avoid this)
- Salt to taste
How to make it:
- Fry the beef until the outside is brown, Add the onions, Add a little bit of water, Once the onions are soft, fill the pot half way with water (make sure you have room for the pureed pumpkin.
- Cut up the roots and add them.
- Add the pepper(leave out if you are B sec.), salt and Bay leaves and let simmer for an hour or two.
- The canned pumpkin can be added whenever but if you add it too soon you have to keep watching it so it doesn't stick to the bottom. It is better to leave it till the end.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Venison|| 2 || A|| A|| A|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Horse|| 2 || A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|
|Buffalo|| 2 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 14, 2007 at 05:42 PM By: Rodney